Leprechauns, shamrocks, and green-dyed goodies all around… it must be St. Patrick’s Day!
If you’re looking to celebrate this year with something a bit more elegant than green beer, toast the occasion with an Irish whiskey cocktail. Irish whiskey has been a preferred drink of court royals since the Middle Ages, with famous imbibers including Queen Elizabeth I of England and Czar Peter the Great of Russia.
Make your Irish whiskey cocktail a hot one with this chocolate Irish whiskey coffee recipe from Food.com. It’s perfect for topping off a fun evening in with friends, or for sipping while curled up by the fireplace with a good book.
It may still be cool outside with the March air, but you can stay warm and cozy with this easy recipe you can make at home.
Chocolate Irish Whiskey Coffee Recipe
Yields 1 cup
For the coffee:
- 1 cup of hot coffee
- 2 tablespoons of Delysia dark chocolate bark
- 1 ounce Irish whiskey
- Whipped cream
- 1 teaspoon creme de menthe
- Delysia dark chocolate drinking chocolate powder
- Put the chocolate in your coffee serving mug and microwave until it melts, for 30 second increments at a time so the chocolate does not burn. Repeat for about 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until chocolate is melted.
- Pour in the hot coffee and stir until blended.
- Stir in whiskey.
- Garnish with whipped cream, then drizzle creme de menthe on top. Top it all off with the cocoa powder.
- Sip and enjoy!
If you’re hosting a party, don’t forget that coffee goes best with dessert!
While this coffee certainly holds it own, it definitely tastes sweeter with chocolate. The bakers out there may want to pair it with a unique St. Patrick’s Day dessert like leprechaun brownie cups, mint truffle cheesecake brownies, or Irish cream cupcakes. For those of you who prefer to drink more than bake, keep your guests in the party mood with Delysia Spirits collection chocolate truffles – nine dark chocolate bites infused with rum, scotch, or bourbon.