Everyone loves chocolate. Really! And we at Delysia Chocolatier decided to showcase twelve unexpected uses for chocolate. Of course, indulging in delicious truffles and barks will always be the favorite but did you know that chocolate can be used for many other things?
1. Keeping cavities at bay. That’s right, your favorite treat can be more effective than fluoride.
2. As a spa treatment. Rich in antioxidants, dark chocolate (the darker the better) slather on your face can fight free radicals and make your skin glow.
3. Sweeten things up in the bedroom. Self-explanatory.
4. Chocolate cheese. We had to try this one for ourselves. It was surprisingly good! The dark chocolate perfectly swirls with the cheese, which tasted more like a nutty Asiago than sharp cheddar. We also hear this one is more like a fudgy cheesecake flavor.
5. Power your car. Now we may have something to do with our leftover bark!
6. Healthy superfood. Between antioxidants, flavonoids, low glycemic index, 60%-and-higher dark chocolate is the ultimate superfood. It can increase brain power, decrease hypertension, keep your heart healthy, etc. Buy some. Eat some.
7. The perfect outfit? Every year, the Salon du Chocolat features an extravagant fashion show featuring designs made from chocolate.
10. As a vitamin. Studies are still out on this but it seems to be backed by legit science.
11. Lip balm. Easy DIY and super-moisturizing.
12. Smoke ’em if you got ’em. Chocolate-flavored cigars are popular. But if you want a unique twist, our Gentlemen’s collection features a cigar truffle. We steep a cigar in cream and combine it with rich, dark chocolate for a decadent, rich flavor without the acrid cigar smoke.
But the best way to use chocolate is to experience it. Take a bite into a Delysia Chocolatier truffle and savor the flavors of rich chocolate combined with the finest ingredients.