Weddings have undergone a transformation in recent years as more and more couples have found ways to make the occasion uniquely their own. In the latest BRIDES American Wedding Study 2016, Condé Nast revealed several ways newlyweds are bucking old traditions:
- Couples are less likely to use traditional wedding vows, opting instead to write their own.
- “Buddymoons” are on the rise, with couples inviting friends and family along for the post-nuptial vacation.
- Couples are more focused than ever on personalizing their wedding to suit their personal style.
These trends make sense if you’re not a cookie cutter couple. Why force yourself to fit the traditional mold?
For those looking to step outside the norm, make your wedding stand out with chocolate desserts that delight and surprise guests instead of a cake. If replacing the cake isn’t an option you’re interested in (I mean, who doesn’t love wedding cake?), try thinking about replacing the Groom’s cake or wedding favors for your guests with chocolate.
Why Chocolate Over Wedding Cake?
Chocolate offers a fun alternative to a wedding cake for a variety of reasons:
- It’s gluten-free, so you or your loved ones with a gluten sensitivity don’t have to skip out on dessert.
- Delysia Chocolatier uses local ingredients and is responsibly sourced, so you’ll please your conservation-minded guests while simultaneously supporting local businesses.
- Chocolate offers a big punch in a small package, allowing your personality (as individuals and as a couple) to come through in flavor. At Delysia, we take pride in creating innovative flavors and would love to customize something specifically for your event with you in mind.
- Chocolate is more versatile than cake – you can display it as a table centerpiece, serve it at a dessert bar, or include it in your favors.
- Best of all, you can share a box of chocolate truffles at each table. This gives guests an opportunity to pick and choose while talking amongst each other, encouraging a communal experience.
Wedding Chocolates from Delysia Chocolatier
Any of the chocolates in Delysia Chocolatier’s Wedding chocolate collection promise an elegant touch to your wedding, but here are a few of our favorites:
Serve chocolates just as beautiful as your gorgeous Spring wedding with our Berry collection. Guests can choose from raspberry, strawberry, or blueberry truffle centers wrapped in decadent dark chocolate. Did we mention our Strawberry chocolate truffle is award-winning?
If you’re having a Texas inspired wedding, your guests will love our Texas collection! Local ingredients evoke the spirit of the Lone Star state, with Texas size flavor to boot. Each box includes three flavors: fresh lavender from Fredericksburg’s Becker Vineyards, honey harvested from Dallas, and sweet prickly pear.
Ah, the pièce de résistance – handcrafted molded chocolate of the happy couple in a loving embrace. Available in milk, dark, or white chocolate and can be customized with your wedding date, monogram, favorite quote, or even an image. This edible decor looks sophisticated anywhere, from table centerpieces to the top of your cake.
And last but not least…
Congratulations on your wedding! We wish you a lifetime of love, happiness, and chocolate!