The Delysia Chocolatier team has mastered the art of event hosting. After dozens of festivals, VIP parties and special events at our own store, we’ve learned there are a few essentials for hosting a successful get together. Throwing a Super Bowl party everyone will enjoy is no exception.
Even though the Super Bowl is a time-honored American tradition that’s all about fun, it takes a little planning and preparation to make sure guests are able to enjoy the game.
Test Your Entertainment System Setup
By far, the football game (and entertaining commercials) is going to be the highlight of the evening. All the attention will be on the screen while the ball is in play. For that reason, you’ll want to do an entertainment system test run before guests arrive.
- Make sure everything is hooked up and operating correctly.
- Test your remote batteries.
- If you use a satellite service check to make sure the dish is free of debris and positioned to receive a clear signal.
- If you’re streaming the game through FOXSports.com on a smart TV check your Internet connection and router signal.
- Sit in different spots around the living room to determine the best viewing position for the TV.
- Consider adding a few extra screens. If you have other televisions that are internet-connected or a wireless DVR box you can broadcast the game on multiple screens.
- If you have a projector, consider ways you can display the game on the big screen indoors and outdoors.
Want to add a little more half-time fun? Once Lady Gaga is done wowing the crowd break out the karaoke machine for your own show. Let guests belt out their favorite Gaga tunes and compete for prizes like MVP (most vocally-impressive performer) or for the best Lady Gaga impression.
Football Themed Food and Beverages
The food is easily the second most important part of any Super Bowl party. It’s a great opportunity to elevate standard stadium food that fans are familiar with. Super Bowl only happens once a year so go all out and splurge on quality ingredients. Wings are a great example. Spring for fresh, juicy wings tossed in a delicious hot sauce rather than cheaper, premade alternatives that go in the oven.
Something else worth considering is a keg of quality beer. If you plan to have 15-20 guests a full size keg will make it much easier to keep the beer flowing. Parties with fewer guests are best served by a mini keg or two. Of course, getting a keg means you’ll primarily have one type of beer to offer. Make it something easy on the palate that everyone will enjoy, like a lager. And don’t forget to stock up on bottled water and a few other non-alcoholic beverages.
Now, all that’s left is satisfying everyone’s sweet tooth. Custom chocolates from Delysia Chocolatier are a deliciously unique way to make the event more memorable. You can have the Super Bowl title, date or team logos etched into decadent milk, white or dark chocolate squares.
Festive, Interactive Decorations
When you enter a football stadium on game day it’s usually decorated for the event, which helps immerse fans in the experience. The same holds true at a Super Bowl party. This year the New England Patriots are taking on the Atlanta Falcons in Super Bowl LI. The team colors are awesome inspiration for the Super Bowl party décor, or you can stick to strictly football-themed decorations if diehard fans from both teams will be attending.
Little extras that have an interactive element will score big points with guests. Ideas include:
- Flags that can be thrown after the play with a penalty.
- Whistles that can be blown when someone spots a foul.
- Decorated betting charts taped to the wall. Guests can keep track of the bets and make updates as the game plays out.
- Inflatable footballs or balloons that can be thrown around without breaking anything.
The best piece of advice we can give is to allow yourself ample time to get everything set up and have fun!