Labor Day is a holiday that celebrates the hard work we do throughout the year. The problem is, in our Internet-connected world, most of us work so much we don’t end up taking the day off.
Enjoying the last summer holiday making memories with the family is more important than getting in an extra day of work. Use these tips to relax without worrying about work on Labor Day.
1. Schedule time off on your calendar so it’s a priority.
2. Put in a few extra hours in the days leading up to Labor Day so there are no lingering to-dos.
3. Get the family together to decide what you want to do during the holiday so you’ll be committed.
4. Send out a notice to colleagues and clients to let them know you’ll be out of the office during the holiday.
5. Put your cell phone in flight mode on Labor Day. That way you won’t get alerts every time you get a text or email.
6. Make the day extra special with indulgences like a box of Delysia Chocolate Truffles everyone can enjoy.
Happy Labor Day!