What is it that makes spring picnics so special? Perhaps it’s the sun beaming down on our face, the warm breeze kissing our skin, or the beautiful birdsongs gifting the air. Delysia Chocolatier would like to help you plan your most romantic picnic yet with this go-to checklist.
7 Things Every Picnic Needs
- A water-resistant blan
ket. The ground’s wet with fresh dew, and at least one drop of wine is bound to find itself outside of your glass. Invest in a well-made water resistant blanket to alleviate any big spill-induced anxiety. Extra points if you decide to make your own.
- A compartmentalized basket. Lugging more than a few shopping bags to the park can strain both your back and the mood. Keep it simple and organized with a great picnic basket. The perfect tote should be lined, with a separate space for chilling wine, charcuterie, and neatly hidden utensils.
- Chinaware you don’t mind breaking. Form your own set of mismatched plates and utensils, specifically for picnicking. You won’t be too upset if one piece gets broken or goes missing, and the old-school charm will add a bit more romance to your spread.
- A bottle of your favorite wine + two glasses + a corkscrew! Okay, that’s actually four things. Grab your favorite red or white and two real glasses. Wine just isn’t the same sipped from a plastic cup. Oh, and don’t forget about the corkscrew!
- A charcuterie and cheese assortment. Fine sausages and a rich cheese variety will keep any nibbler satisfied. Pair this with the wine you’re bringing.
- Fresh fruit. We recommend grapes, seedless cherries, and berries which are perfect for snacking.
- Chocolate Truffles by Delysia Chocolatier. If you’re picnicking like a professional, then be sure to include a set or two of our amazing chocolate truffles. We recommend the award winning Wine Truffle Collection – a creamy collection of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, and Port infused fine chocolates. This spirited treat is the perfect picnic accompaniment. Or try our Berry Collection, a lovely blend of rich chocolate with sweet strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries.
Whether you’re seeing a play in the park or planning a romantic meal for two, this quick checklist has everything you need to make the moment unforgettable.
1. Kissing Rabbits Picnic Blanket by Anorak // 2. Bamboo Picnic Basket from Bed Bath & Beyond // 3. Coastal Coral Dinner Plates from Williams-Sonoma // 4. Picnic Stix Set from True Fabrications // 7. Wine Truffles by Delysia Chocolatier