Spring break is a wonderful time to enjoy the days before beautiful winter is completely over and before the wonderful warmer, longer days are back. For some, spring break is a trip to the beach to re-energize next to the ocean. For others, it’s about frolicking in the snow and breathing in the crisp, cold mountain air.
But for many it’s a great opportunity to have a vacation at home with your children playing games, reading books, and making crafts! I can’t help but think of a few crafts that will embrace spring and the outdoors.
But before we get to the crafts, we must make sure we have some delicious chocolate to sustain us! Try our Easter Truffle Collection, a nine-piece set that includes peanut butter, white chocolate, and marshmallow flavors. Such a fun and delicious set to celebrate spring.
This first craft is an Old Key Wind Chime—it’s the perfect vibrant and sweet-sounding accessory to enjoying the outdoors.
- 5 old keys
- Piece of drift wood or stick
- Acrylic paint
- Choose a few fun colors and have your child paint the keys and stick.
- Tie a piece of string to both ends of the stick so you can hang it.
- Tie a piece of string to each key.
- Tie the keys to the stick making sure that the keys are close enough that they will chime.
- Hang and enjoy!
Need another craft to keep the kids busy? Try this Bird Seed Pine Cone!
Some of the charming aspects of spring are the little buds of flowers, green bits of grass peeking through the soil, and the chirping of birds returning to the trees. This craft is perfect for helping feed the birds that are enjoying the return of sunnier days.
- Pine cones
- Peanut butter
- Butter knife
- Grab a pine cone and put peanut butter on it with a butter knife.
- Pour birdseed onto a tray or plate.
- Roll the peanut butter-covered pine cones in the birdseed.
- Take a piece of string and tie it to a piece of the pine cone.
- Hang in your favorite tree!
Have a wonderful spring break; we hope you spend it creating lifelong memories and enjoying delicious Delysia chocolate!