Last week, we started a brand new tradition. In the spirit of the holiday season, I am sharing a few of my favorite seasonal recipes — with a Delysia twist of course. Nothing says the holiday season like a warm oven, the scent of fresh baked goods, and a full house of family and friends. Take my recipes to your kitchen and create some memories with your loved ones this year!
This week’s recipe – Peanut Butter Cookies. This is a family favorite and a cookie I’ve been making since childhood. Even during college, I would bake 10-20 dozen peanut butter cookies while procrastinating from studying for finals. When I launched Delysia Chocolatier, this beloved classic cookie became the inspiration for our Peanut Butter bark. Then we made the cookie even better – by adding pieces of our Peanut Butter bark to the cookie batter.
Peanut Butter Cookies with Peanut Butter bark
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- Chop the Peanut Butter bark into small bite size pieces.
- Cream butter, peanut butter, and sugars together in a bowl; beat in eggs.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; stir into butter mixture. Add the Peanut Butter bark.
- Put dough in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and put on baking sheets.
- Flatten each ball with a fork, making a crisscross pattern.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degrees F oven for about 10 minutes or until cookies begin to brown.