The season of relaxation
November begins a very busy and productive time for the Delysia Culinary Center. We release our seasonal Winter product line while also working with our customers to create new and unique gifts for families, friends, and clients during the season of gifting.
Autumn is by far my favorite time of year. It’s the time where leaves change colors, we are finally allowed to wear our scarfs to keep warmer in the cooling weather, and our taste buds start craving the soothing flavors of Fall.
Cooking for the family is one of the most cherished activities I embrace, especially during the holidays. It’s rewarding to witness my family gathering together to unwind from work or school after a long week. Dessert time also brings the opportunity to sip on drinking chocolate as we sit cozily by the fire or taking in the fresh air on a walk around the neighborhood.
We are nearing towards the end of the year and we must remind ourselves to take some time to enjoy each and every moment. Especially if that involves some gifting chocolate or quick homemade treats to create for your co-workers and friends. Here’s one of my personal favorites.
Chocolate bourbon treat
A popular recipe I always enjoy using for last minute gifts are the infamous Chocolate Bourbon Balls I source from Betty Crocker. Follow these simple and easy steps to form the ultimate treat for your guests during the holidays.
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 ½ cups finely crushed vanilla wafer cookies
- ½ cup ground walnuts
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- Mix chocolate chips honey in 1 ½-quart microwaveable casserole or bowl. Microwave uncovered on High 1 to 2 or until chips can be stirred smoothly.
- Stir in crushed cookies, walnuts and bourbon. Shape into 1-inch balls. Roll balls in candy decorations.
- Store in tightly covered container at least 4 days to develop flavor, but no longer than 4 weeks.
So indulge in a little chocolate. Appreciate the people around you that make life worth living and send a little love their way.