Phew! What a year 2013 was for Delysia Chocolatier. We accomplished more than we ever thought possible and it was all thanks to you, our fans. What are some of the highlights from 2013? We’ve outlined them below, in no particular order.
- We were named one of the Best Chocolatiers & Confectioners in America by TasteTV.
- We were featured in Wine Spectator in their Candy for Grownups article
- We got to meet chef Tim Love at the Austin Food & Wine Festival. He even signed Nicole’s arm!
- We received our first international press coverage. In the Sept/Oct U.K. edition of Brides magazine, Delysia’s chocolate menus are featured in the We Heart Details section. Jolly good news!
- We redesigned c00.549.myftpupload.com and added to our blogging team.
- Our first retailer outside of Texas was established: The Hot Spot in Hutchinson, Kansas
- We celebrated our 5th year in business!
- We attended numerous events with our chocolates such as the Austin Food & Wine Festival, Sustainable Food Center’s Farm to Plate fundraiser, Austin Woman launch parties, and Big Reds & Bubbles
- Our local press coverage soared, thanks in part to our Kickstarter campaign. We were featured in Austin Chronicle, Austin Monthly, Austin Woman, ATX Food News, Forks Up and many more.
- Construction on our new kitchen definitely had its peaks and valleys. But we’re chugging along on it and hope to be making chocolate in there by springtime.
- We got Johnny Depp’s autograph.
- We racked up more gold medals from the International Chocolate Salon in 2013 than ever before. From Best Ingredient Combination in the Truffles category to four golds in the Bridal category, not to mention the numerous silver and bronze awards we accumulated…2013 was an amazing year for our trophy case.
- We shipped to 49 out of 50 states this holiday season. Next year, we hope for all 50; we’re looking at you, Alaska!
Thank you for all of your support this year. We look forward to all of the excitement 2014 is set to bring. We hope to be a part of all of your special moments.