What’s better than craft time and chocolate? Crafts that incorporate chocolate! I’ve discovered two adorable crafts that could be great gifts for friends, teachers, and as stocking stuffers, or to simply enjoy with your family sitting by the fire!
REINDEER HOT CHOCOLATE
- 2 Piping Bags
- 1 cup of Delysia Chocolatier Lavender Hot Chocolate
- 2 tbsp of chopped Delysia Chocolatier Peppermint Chocolate Bark
- 1/3 cup of Delysia Chocolatier Marshmallows
- 1 Red Pom Pom Ball
- 2 Google Eyes
- 1 Rubber band
- 1 Brown Pipe Cleaner
- Pour the lavender hot chocolate mix into a clear piping bag.
- Close the bag and wrap with the rubber band.
- With the scissors, trim off the top of the bag.
- Put that bag into another piping bag and flatten.
- In the outer bag, layer in the chopped Delysia Peppermint Bark.
- Add a layer of Delysia marshmallows that have been cut into smaller pieces.
- Twist and tie off with cute ribbon.
- Glue a Pom Pom Nose near the tip of the bag.
- Glue google eyes near the top of the hot chocolate mix.
- Wrap Brown Pipe Cleaner around the top for antlers and shape.
Be sure to follow or include the directions on how to make the hot chocolate mix, which is to add one cup of hot water or milk.
- Cake pop or lollipop sticks
- Delysia Chocolatier Marshmallows
- Delysia Chocolatier Gingerbread Chocolate Bark
- Bite-size pretzels
- Red hot cinnamon candy
- Pearl sprinkles (or other candies for the eyes)
- Foam block (to hold the treat as it’s drying)
- Start by putting one marshmallow on the stick and then pushing it into the foam block. It’s much easier to do this ahead of time instead of when there is warm chocolate on it!
- Melt the chocolate, making sure to not make it too hot, which will ruin the consistency.
- Dip a marshmallow into the chocolate, covering it entirely.
- Place the stick with the chocolate-coated marshmallow back into the foam block, and repeat the process on the next marshmallow.
- After four marshmallows are done, add the pretzel antlers by gently holding them against the marshmallow for a few seconds. Make sure they are secure!
- For the nose and eyes, wait until each marshmallow is dry to add a small dot of melted chocolate onto each piece of candy, and attach them to the marshmallow to create the face.
- When completely dry, you could wrap each marshmallow in a clear plastic candy bag and tie it with a bow.
I hope you enjoy the upscale twist I added to both crafts by using Delysia Chocolatier products instead of the usual products you find in the store. Delysia Chocolatier is all about creating memories, and we know these crafts will not only look incredible but taste incredible too!