This week, we start a new tradition for the holidays. I will be sharing a few of my favorite holiday recipes that incorporate some of my Delysia creations. This week’s recipe – Bourbon Balls.
Some of my most cherished moments have been spent baking in the kitchen while singing along to holiday songs with my children. This season, I am sharing my favorite seasonal recipes that you can make for your family, a holiday party, or even as gifts.
This first recipe doesn’t event require an oven. My bourbon balls are a sweet, bit-size treat with a kick. They’re so popular at holiday parties that they even inspired Delysia Chocolatier’s Smoked Salted Bourbon Pecan truffle in our newest truffle collection, the Texas Hill Country Truffle collection. Our Smoked Salted Bourbon Pecan truffles feature Garrison Brothers Distillery bourbon with smoked salted caramel and local pecans, all blended with dark chocolate. These truffles are finished with a dash of salt, smoked by Austin’s own Franklin’s BBQ. Both the truffles and bourbon balls have a complexity in flavor and a richness that will have you savoring every bite.
- ?1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- ?1 cup chopped pecans
- ?1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- ?2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ?1/4 cup bourbon
- ?1 1/2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- ?1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar for decoration
- Combine wafer crumbs, finely chopped pecans, 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, and cocoa
- Blend the bourbon and the corn syrup together
- Add the crumb mixture and mix well
- Shape into 1 inch balls and roll in confectioners’ sugar
For a Texas twist on this recipe, omit the unsweetened cocoa powder and add our pecan cayenne dark chocolate bark to the mix – just finely chop or grind for best results.