Are you prepared for the upcoming school year?
This time of year can be stressful for any returning student. It can even be harder on the parents who are helping their child get everything ready! This checklist will guide parents and any returning student through the back to school preparation.
By this point, schools are putting out your student’s back to school
- Gather all class materials: By this point, schools are putting out your student’s back to school supply list. Start looking through each subject’s list and condense it as much as possible. You don’t really need to buy six packs of colored pencils or makers because every subject needs them. Instead buy only two or three packs. This will help save you some money, which every parent or college student loves. If you’re in need of textbooks, check out Chegg for the best deals!
- Versatile shopping: With the chaos of August and tax free weekend, it can be hard avoiding all the good deals, but you must avoid! Start thinking across the seasons when buying clothes for the upcoming school year. What can you buy now that you can later layer or add to in the fall or winter? The more versatile you allow your closet to be, the more money you will save.
- Create the perfect care package: Your babies are growing up and heading off to college. Make your college student feel more at home by sending a care package full of their favorite treats, drinks, and pictures! You can even include a sweet note to help motivate them through their first day of school.
- Donate to the classroom: Your student is in class with about 50 other kids for 8 hours a day, 180 days a year. Help prevent the spread of germs by donating hand sanitizer and tissues! Teachers will be forever grateful and your child will always be remembered as the student who donated to the class. If you want to butter their teacher up even more, attach a box of Delysia Chocolatier’s coffee dark chocolate bark. They will need this sweet pick me up more than ever once school starts.
- Relax: This might be the hardest one on the guide, but it is definitely the most important. Regardless if you are sending your student back to school or entering into college by yourself, you need to be mindful of your stress levels. Try sipping on your favorite wine and pair it with a delicious Delysia’s dark chocolate bark. You will deserve a nice break after completing your back to school check list!
If you are still feeling anxious about the upcoming school year, head to Pinterest for even more ideas on prepping for a new school year! Don’t forget to tag @delysia_choc in your back to school pictures on Instagram!