Travel more often, save more money, eat more chocolate. Whatever your resolutions for 2015, no doubt you’ll agree that goals are much easier to write than they are to reach. Life has a way of detouring our path, forcing us to revise our plans. Following an alternate route, however, is still progress. Before looking ahead to next year, take a moment to reflect on 2014 and admire your accomplishments.
After a bumpy start full of roadblocks, we’re now looking back at 2014 with nothing but gratitude and amazement. One thing we know for sure? Passion is a much better motivator than obligation. For all of the New Year’s resolutions we’ve ever made, nothing compares to what we accomplished simply by losing ourselves in what we love doing: creating award winning chocolates for our family and yours. Here are 10 amazing highlights Delysia Chocolatier saw in 2014.
“The realization that my general contractor had skipped town began to sink in. And as I sorted and cleaned through the physical mess he left behind, I uncovered more and more disasters requiring immediate attention – missing permits, unpaid subcontractors, and more stolen items.” – Founder Nicole Patel after a dishonest contractor stole almost everything and abandoned the Chocolate Culinary Center project before leaving town. Winter 2013
- Two years in the making, our Chocolate Culinary Center is now open to the public. We are tremendously proud of this project! The center will host classes, events, and workshops centered on the creation of fine, sustainable chocolate.
- Whole Foods locations in select cities now carry Delysia Chocolatier in their fine candy aisle. How honored we are to be featured at such a select grocer!
- Delysia Chocolatier was named one of the “Best Chocolatiers & Confectioners in America” by The International Chocolate Salon.
- Fellow Austin-based creator, Tito’s Vodka, makers of America’s finest craft vodka, has collaborated with Delysia Chocolatier on a series of vodka-infused truffles set to launch in January of 2015. We can’t wait for you to try these sinfully rich, delicious chocolate bites!
- Our Chocolate of the Month Club has been a roaring success! Subscribers choose from 3, 6, or 12 shipments per year for as low as $30 a month. Interested? Contact us to start your subscription today.
- We were invited to this year’s exclusive Food & Wine Classic in Aspen. To say this was an amazing opportunity is the greatest understatement. Read all about our journey from dream to featured event guest here.
- Forbes – FORBES! – included Delysia Chocolatier in their published list of top 5 chocolate brands.
- American Profile included our founder Nicole Patel in their feature on chocolatiers.
- In 2014 Delysia Chocolatier launched partnerships in both Aspen, Colorado (the Ritz Carlton Club) and northern California (LangeTwins Family Winery). Our very first collaborations outside of Texas!
- Before being a huge hit at this year’s Food & Wine Classic and garnering an enthusiastic “thumbs up” from culinary expert Gail Simmons, our ghost pepper bark hit shelves last February. Challenge your palate to the scorching ghost pepper’s zesty bite, today!
Thank you for your continued support and the thoughtful words you’ve shared with us in person and through social media. We are humbled by all of this. Whatever the future brings, we are determined to continue on our path and make 2015 our biggest year yet!